- An idea generator
- A strategic, creative thinker
- An experienced professional
- Cause focused
- Focused on audiences’ motivations, behaviors, and outcomes
- Knowledgeable and reliable
- Recognized in the marketing, communications, and writing industries with awards
- Supportive of the rights of all people, animals, the planet, the arts, health, wellness, higher education, and more
- Crisis plans
- Campaign plans
- Employee communications campaigns
- Lead nurturing emails
- Magazine articles
- News releases
- Newspaper articles
- Positioning and messaging
- Strategic plans
- Tactical plans
I serve as a/an:
- Client coach
- Media Trainer
- Tour Guide
I succeed by:
- Applying 26 years of experience
- Bringing passion to my work
- Conducting market research
- Engaging audiences
- Understanding audiences and best practices
- Utilizing all applicable channels, including traditional and social media, communities, investors, influencers, and more
I'm educated with:
- A Bachelor of Arts in Communications, with a double emphasis in public relations and journalism, Union College
- Masters of Liberal Studies classes (history, religion, literature, philosophy, and science), Rollins College
- Extensive writing courses through such esteemed programs as the Lighthouse Writers Workshop, the Mont Blanc Writing Workshop, Writing by Writers, and more
I've won awards
- Colorado Health Care Communicators (CHC) Silver Leaf Award, Media Relations: Proactive Story Placements for 900% increase in year-over-year Colorado Health Report Card coverage, 2012
- CHC Gold Leaf Award, Community Relations: One-time Event for integrated Backseat Budgeter launch, 2011
- Statewide Judges’ Award and Award of Distinction, Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA), printed tools, 2004
- Award of Distinction, FPRA (local and state), other public relations programs, 2004
- Award of Distinction, FPRA (local), printed tools of public relations, 2004
- Writing excellence award, Florida Magazine Association, alumni magazine cover story, 2003
- Image Award, FPRA, four-color newsletter, 1996
- Judges’ Award, FPRA, one- to three-color newsletter, 1994
- Award of Distinction, FPRA, one- to three-color newsletter, 1994
- Award of Distinction, Florida Society for Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing, employee publication, 1994
- Statewide Award of Excellence, FSHPRM, employee publication, 1993
- Total Quality Management Award, Florida Hospital, cost-saving results of annual educational newsletter
- Created company brand, all marketing/communications assets for health and wellness startup.
- Created and implemented numerous branding campaigns in multiple industries, with exceptional partners.
Digital and In-Person Events
- Created and implemented webinar campaign that drew more than 500 registrants and more than 350 participants, and set client up for a spike in sales and large return-on-investment.
- Oversaw five offices for large health foundation, which involved producing high-profile, high-grossing celebrity events that raised over $2 million with 50+ special events in three years.
Employee Communication and Training
- Reimagined and recreated large health and wellness company’s employee communications program, which took five brands to one, created cost efficiencies, and resulted in local and state awards.
- Saved large health and wellness company hundreds of thousands of dollars by reimagining employee accreditation training.
- Created and implemented employee training program for health and wellness startup around excellent customer care, including a book called The Pure Experience, a presentation, and all supporting materials.
- Secured targeted publicity for talent acquisition client that resulted in a half-million dollars in new business for the client.
- Built media strategy and team for third largest health foundation in the country, resulting a 48.5% increase in year-over-year media coverage.
- Imagined and implemented a media preview event that increased health report card year-over-year coverage by 700%.
- Introduced first video phone, a cutting-edge technology in the 90s. Working closely with AT&T and utilizing extensive media relationships, executed a Mother’s Day campaign that garnered extensive attention when a baby born at one of our hospitals was introduced to its grandmother in the Northeast.
- Represented many credible organizations through community with speaking engagements; tours; and community, media, investor, and public relations.
Writing, Editing, and Publishing
- Wrote statewide-award-winning magazine cover story “Be the Change You Want to See in the World” after visiting poverty-stricken areas of the Dominican Republic.
- Oversaw communications for annual visiting writers program, securing extensive publicity and selling out all appearances.
- Published extensive online and print pieces (including magazine and newspaper articles, journal pieces, websites, blogs, brochures, news releases, and more).